These guidelines are not ferment to increase fake cases of the blind.
I don't disclaim the idea that such cases may expand but i can not
dispute any favorable development to prevent this miner suffering.
Fake cases have been there since a long time as revealed time to time
in government jobs. Many people write their exams at their own even
they are visually handicapped, I have seen few candidates  writing
UPSC exam at their own and reading exam paper like any other sighted
candidate, the fact is that who ever is above 40% handicapped is
eligible to avail the facility. As government has introduced these
guidelines, also the govt should make the process of issuing
handicapped certificate more stringent so that only genuin cases could
be on benifitted side. What govt can do here doctors have to play
honestly while doing examination for identification of disability.

On 3/11/13, avinash shahi <shahi88avin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm little worried this new binding rules for scribes for all disabled
> may prove detremental for visually challenged in particular
> Already fake certificates are issued to many non-disabled, and they
> are making marry in jobs..
> Now, given this practical scenario, extention to scribe rights to
> other disabled will have huge ramifications.
> Perhaps lobbying by blind is on the beating..
> And we will be the biggest sufferer, have you forgotten the failure of
> ours in accepting half half reservation equal to one per cent out of
> five per cent, for partially and totally blind in the proposed 2012
> draft of PWD?
> Let me blunt and clear and feel sory, but perhaps activists
> representing other disabled than blind are getting more shares than
> us.
> Lets unite guys, not only on the web, but on the ground as well..
>
> Pasted article begins
> SOBHANA K.
> http://www.telegraphindia.com/1130311/jsp/nation/story_16657766.jsp
> New Delhi, March 10: Any examinee with moderate disability of any kind
> and not just blindness is now entitled to a scribe to write her paper
> or a lab assistant for her practical tests.
>
> Further, the examinee can choose her own scribe — unlike in the past
> when the exam authorities would pick one, ensuring the scribe was less
> educated than the candidate. This often led to problems.
>
> The new entitlements are spelt out in a central government directive
> that, for the first time, formalises the rights that examinees with
> “disability of 40 per cent (moderate) or more” can demand from the
> exam authorities.
>
> This set of rules, which the February 26 directive calls “guidelines”
> but which officials confirmed are binding, will apply to any
> examination, whether a Class X exam or an IAS written test.
>
> “For the first time, we have a set of rules that will apply across
> states, institutions and examinations,” said Javed Abidi, director of
> the National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People.
>
> So far, only the visually impaired were allowed scribes by most
> institutions and exam authorities in India. The new rules have
> extended the right to amputees and patients of cerebral palsy or any
> other disability that affects one’s ability to write.
>
> Another crucial change is the candidate’s right to pick her own
> scribe. The authorities now allot scribes whose educational
> qualifications are a few notches below the examinee’s, lest the scribe
> provide undue help by answering the questions himself.
>
> For instance, an MSc examinee might get a BSc student as a scribe. Or
> she might get a BA student, which could severely handicap her.
>
> “Sometimes, a science student may be allotted a scribe who is an arts
> student and, therefore, unfamiliar with most of the terms. The
> candidate would then be forced to waste a lot of time spelling out
> words and phrases,” Abidi said.

> [...]

LL.M candidate
 at Faculty of Law in University of Delhi