No, sometimes, we face this problem in special counter too, if any
unknown Booking clerc sits there.
Vetri, if you find, reserrvation under HP Quota is still available,
then you should meet with concerned reservation superviser for
obtaining reservation in same quota without paying any extra amount,
although concerned booking clerc will has to pay from his own pocket
because this is his mistake. But, remember, you should have print out
of concerned  train reservation.
For more details, you can contact to me in my other Email ID:
rkgd1...@gmail.com which is being used by me only official purpose.
Rakesh.