Kudos to you Prasad,

It’s thrilling, just thrilling….

Count me in buddy. I am preparing myself for such hiking.

I have been training myself in the gym and really encouraging to see
at least 1 VI is doing the same.

Once again, congratulations and yah, equally beautiful article.

~Cheers

On 5/12/13, Prasad Gurav <prasadbgu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
> Last October I did a good amount of trekking in the Himalayas and also
> climbed a 20,000ft high mountain. Below is a article about this. A word
> copy is also attached. If any one is interested in knowing more about the
> subject or wishes to join  me  in future for such adventures contact me at
> prasadbgu...@gmail.com or call me at 0982 13 39241.
> Cheers
> Prasad Gurav
>
> *Himalayas are Accessible - The Climb of Mount Stok Kangri  height  **6,153
> meter** (20,182 feet)*
>
> It was close to eight in the morning. We had started from the base camp at
> 1 o’ clock in the night, climbing for almost 7 hours now, all night,
> through sub-zero temperatures with hardly any stops for rest. During the
> last one and half hour the route went along the edge of a narrow ridge,
> with deep slopes rolling down thousands of meters on both sides. Due to
> thin air at this height, we would stop from time to time to catch our
> breath and trudge on again. Frequently I would ask my guide, how many steps
> more. Luckily due to my long stay in Leh, I was well acclimatized and
> enjoying the climb at that height. Sharif, a guide from another group was
> walking closely behind, encouraging from time to time and singing gazals.
> At last I heard the magic words, “The Summit is ten steps away” and as
> Psang recorded the final steps, we were atop the summit of Stok Kangri,
> which stands at a height of 6153 meter or 20,182 feet, almost two third the
> height of Mount Everest. Whatever I could see through my partial hazy
> vision was a spectacular and breathtaking sight, a 360 degree view of many
> Himalayan snow capped ranges. One can see as far as Tibet on one side,
> Karakoram on the other and many Himalayan ranges.  It was one of the
> happiest moment of my life, a fulfilment of a long cherished dream. All the
> fatigue,  long marches over uneven rocky terrain, then over the slippery
> glacier, nights spent in cold weather were things  of past!
>
> What went behind the scenes? Was it worth pursuing the dream of climbing a
> Himalayan mountain, in spite of being challenged by Retinitis Pigmentosa,
> which had left some useful central vision and a hazy distant vision in one
> eye along with legs affected by blood clots due to Deep Vein Thrombosis?
>
> Yes it was! It was not just about climbing a mountain, it was a lesson in
> building an attitude to achieve what we dream of. So while sharing this
> adventure, I have tried to draw parallels to achieving any goals we decide
> upon, say a degree in education, that dream job, etc. I also hope this will
> encourage many visually challenged like me to take up more outdoor
> activities which we generally shy away from.  This adventure definitely
> doesn’t deserve any laurels as many disabled people have already climbed
> this mountain and other challenging peaks.
>
> *Dreaming and setting goals is important*

> [...]

“The waves breaking on the surface draw all the attention,
but it is the current beneath the water that determines your direction.”