Hi Zameer,

Only leeway given to VI in income tax is an extra 1 Lakh exemption
from over all income calculation.

So as I believe,
VI’s income should only be tax if it’s more than 3 Lakhs i.e. 2 lakh
usual exemption and 1 lakh more under 80U, there’s no separate
circular on it. It’s there in income tax act.

Chargin 2% of salary as tax sound unusual. It should be 10% if the
over all income is above 3 lakh up to 5 Lakh and at 20% from amount 5
Lakhs to 10 Lakhs.

Also, state of Maharashtra exempts VIs from paying professional tax.

On 5/22/13, zameer pasha <dheel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Friends,
>
> I want to know that visually impaired also have to pay income tax? If
> not suppose to. Please post Circular on Access india or my mail id
> zameerpash...@gmail.com I want Circular on income tax for visually
> impaired. One of my friend in his company they takeing 2% from his
> salarry. He wanted to know this. Not only my friend company it's all
> companys where visually impaireds are working in Indian companys
> everyone is facing this problem. Let all visually impaireds aware of
> this.
>
> --
> Regards
>
> Thanking you
>
> zameerpash...@gmail.com
> dheel...@gmail.com
>
> 9036482329
>
> Reality of life:
> Everyone is good to you till you expect nothing from them and you are
> too good to them only till you fulfill their expectations.

“The waves breaking on the surface draw all the attention,
but it is the current beneath the water that determines your direction.”