assalam o alaikum and hello friends,

today I would like to write an overview of old and new dropbox.
this article is the result of  my own experiences with the app. so, if
there is anything which i explained wrongly then please correct it!
and this article is for beginners, geeks and advanced users always
have no issues so advanced user pleas be patient and also lovers of
wualla or other apps.

now starts the article. if anyone's internet speed is good then new
dropbox is very easy for him not a problem! hmm yes I am saying right
it is an ease. how? yes the answer to this how is that when you
install dropbox and there is no public link in it by default then most
probably you have desktop application of dropbox version above than
1.7 . especially in the series of 2. one thing is that download old
dropbox 1.4 from the following link. old dropbox is good for people
like me. link is :
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42889981/Dropbox%201.4.17.exe
I have performed a number of experiments. out of these ten or so
experiments , one time even with this same set up file I was unable to
get the public folder. might be possible I skip some steps or dropbox
updates automatically now but this way worked for me. so give it a try
and let me know. now suppose there is no public folder despite of your
hard work then no big deal. put any file you want to share into
dropbbox folder then press application key on it and then dropbox
submenu  and arrow right or enter to open it. now down arrow and get
share link option. hit enter on that. wait for a while. on  my machine
it takes roughly a minute to launch this web page that is the reason I
did not like this. but if you have less issues with jaws then you will
find this also quick. now alt tab to check the page. page will be like
the name of the uploaded file -dropbox, now down arroe to navigate on
this page. e for edit field write the email id of the person whom you
want to send the mail and then hit enter on send button . no need to
copy the link it will send the link to the person whom you want to
send. in one sense dropbox has shortened the process of first going to
dropbox folder copying the link then go to gmail site then compose
mail then write the mail id then message ........ o o o o , so, now it
is easy .

yes, another way to share the link is that when you come to that
webpage which dropbox opens up then press alt d  and ctrl a to select
the address of that page and ctrl c to copy and paste it where you
want. in this case you manually copied the link.

*. one more  way is also there!
when webpage comes up now press ctrl end to go to the end of the page.
there is actually the download link of the file. in previous two
methods , the person whom you want to send the file will get the link
to that page and when he will hit enter on the file  then will see
that page and will arrow down to the link at the bottom of the page
and will hit enter on that and then will get IDM prompts window to
start download . but if you apply the third way which you are
currently reading then you will send a link and the person who is the
receiver of this link will hit enter on the link and the IDM prompt
window will comes up asking for start download as it was the case in
old dropbox times on the receiver end. so, how to get this link??

as I said that ctrl end to the bottom of the page and focus on the
link which is the name of your shared or uploaded file , press
application key and hit enter on create shortcut , it will place the
shortcut on your clipboard. paste any where which you want or send to
the person. if you look at the link, as I keenly do for all types of
web links and mail ids, you will come to know that this link is
somewhat different from the traditional links in the ending part of
the link. any how it works well. it was the overview of dropbox , hope
so i will be able to clear doubts of most of the users.

--

"  Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship"

Umair Ijaz, Scholar for Scholars
webpage: www.lcddp.org/umair

skype: umair.ijaz44
facebook: http://facebook.com/umair.ijaz.33