Hi,
It is so unfortunate to here like this kind of incedents.
If i would be the police, I would have punish them severely.
But here I have one doubt.
Now a days, CC cameras have put every where.
Some one should have monitor this situation.

On 6/11/13, Vamshi. G <gvamsh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> But I can't understand a person who is so knowledgeable, having
> studied in I I M, develops such hatred towards a particular city.
> Good and bad are everywhere in the world.  Recently, one of our Access
> Indian friends got robbed in a Mumbai local railway station which was
> reported on this very list.  I remember one of my friends on some
> other list mentioning how he was exploited for having taken someone's
> help in Chennai railway station.
>
> Second, though irrelevant to the current context, Suresh Reddy is not
> the first blind person to have studied in I I Ms.  He was potrayed in
> the same way when he got admission into I I M kolkata.  Either the
> media person reporting the story or Suresh Reddy himself should have
> known about others who had been through I I Ms.  But having said this,
> I fully empathise with Suresh for what has happened to him.  Incidents
> like this really shatter the confidence of visually challenged in
> independent mobility.
>

> On 6/11/13, vishal sharma <sharma1010vis...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> really sad ,I do not know what to say  ,how low can one go in his
>> greed for money?
>>
>> On 6/11/13, Mohammed Asif iqbal <asifmaiq...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi all ,
>>> It really breaks my heart to acknowledge how human beings could be so
>>> insensitive including police.
>>> Thanks and please read this article :
>>>
>>> http://www.telegraphindia.com/1130611/jsp/calcutta/story_16993727.jsp
>>>

>>> IIM's first graduate with blindness robbed at Howrah station
>>>

>>> The first student with blindness to graduate from IIM Calcutta was
>>> robbed
>>> at
>>> Howrah railway station on Monday morning by two men who had offered to
>>> escort him to the prepaid taxi stand.
>>>
>>> If being robbed on arrival wasn't enough of an ordeal, Suresh Reddy from
>>> the
>>> Class of 2013 had to ask around for an hour to reach a Government
>>> Railway
>>> Police booth located 50 metres from the platforms.
>>>
>>> The officer manning the booth allegedly refused to accept his complaint,
>>> saying any incident occurring beyond the station building was outside
>>> the
>>> GRP's jurisdiction.
>>>
>>> Andhra-born Suresh, a farmer's son who lost vision in both eyes when he
>>> was
>>> 13, had arrived by the Chennai Mail and was headed for Joka to collect
>>> his
>>> belongings and bid farewell to the institute.
>>>
>>> He tells Metro why he does not intend returning to Calcutta.
>>>
>>> It was a little after 5am. I had just got off the train and was waiting
>>> for
>>> the crowd to disperse when two men came and offered to guide me to the
>>> stand
>>> for prepaid taxis.
>>>
>>> I had managed on my own at Howrah station on several previous visits, so
>>> there was no reason for me to ask for or accept any help unless I needed
>>> the
>>> services of a porter. But the two men were so polite that I couldn't
>>> bring
>>> myself to refuse them.
>>>
>>> When they offered to hold my solitary piece of luggage, I didn't allow
>>> them
>>> to. They didn't insist either. The duo walked alongside me. I had my
>>> walking
>>> stick but they guided me through the rush of commuters and we were soon
>>> outside the station building.
>>>
>>> I could make out that we were near one of the exits of the subway. There
>>> was
>>> commotion all around with vehicles speeding past where I stood.
>>>
>>> One of the men suddenly asked for my mobile phone, saying that he would
>>> call
>>> a taxi driver who was known to him to take me to Joka. I replied that he
>>> could tell me the number. He gave me a number starting with 13. No
>>> mobile
>>> phone number in India starts with 13, and that rang the alarm for me.
>>>
>>> I immediately tried to put the phone back into my trouser pocket but it
>>> was
>>> too late. One of the men tried to snatch it while the other grabbed my
>>> suitcase. I kicked and punched frantically but couldn't hold on to my
>>> mobile
>>> phone. The man who got it ran away but his accomplice was still trying
>>> take away my bag. He repeatedly hit me on my left arm so that I would
>>> let
>>> go
>>> of the bag.
>>>
>>> This went on for more than a minute. The man fled when one of my kicks
>>> landed on his knee.
>>>
>>> I had been shouting "Banchao! Banchao! (Help! Help!)" all the while but
>>> nobody came forward. The place couldn't have been deserted because I
>>> could
>>> feel the presence of people filing past me.
>>>
>>> I stood there for over an hour, not sure where I was. I broke down and
>>> pleaded with passers-by to take me to a police booth or at least back to
>>> the
>>> station. I found a man who had been talking over the phone in English
>>> but