I don't know whether your laptop will support PCI slot or not. but, on desktop you can insert a PCI soundcard because on the mother board you can only insert a PCI soundcard. another option is to purchase USB sound card always come which headphone and microphone jacks. all the USB sound cards comes with its driver and as you will insert it in to your USB it will automatically install its driver and will start working as a plug and play devices.

-----Original Message----- From: Yogesh Chhabra
Sent: Friday, September 20, 2013 6:40 PM
To: AccessIndia: a list for discussing accessibility and issues concerningthe disabled. Subject: Re: [AI] Sound cards which are automatically installedduringOSinstallation?

no no no, my point is I need to buy a separate sound card so which one
should I buy that will work after OS installation?

On 9/20/13, bhawani shankar verma <bsvermad...@gmail.com> wrote:
in windows 7 yes, xp no. most of mother boards are coming with realtec sound

card and lan card.
windows xp install all the drivers upto intel 810e graphics. above intel845

it requires driver cd.