Dear Access Indians from Bangalore,

Greeting from Mitra Jyothi !!

We are going to organize a series of Legal Literacy Workshops, starting
from 24th January every Friday between 3:00 pm-5:00 pm at Mitra Jyothi.
This is an initiative from Mitra Jyothi team towards creating awareness
about your legal rights as citizens of India.

The main goal is to enhance the understanding of the visually impaired
about our own rights in general as well as our rights under various
circumstances. This would help to stand against any kind of discrimination.

It will be conducted by eminent Advocate Mr. Shiv Kumar and team. He has
extensive practice in Civil Courts and also conducted cases in the High
Court in areas such as Labour Laws, Essential Commodities Act, and PIL. He
also established a legal information/counseling center for the persons with
disabilities at VOICES, an NGO in Indira Nagar, Bangalore.

*Topics to be Covered:*

"           Rights and Duties

"           Fundamental Rights under Constitution of India

"           Contracts/Agreements-meaning-kinds-Contract Act

"           Property-moveable and immoveable and law relating to them.

"           PWD Act and rights there under and the proposed legislation

"           Overview of employment laws

"           Law relating to sexual harassment in work places

"           Overview of criminal law

"           Structure of Courts and hierarchy

"           Consumer protection law

"           Marriage and divorce laws including law relating to domestic
violence

"           Advocacy and influencing policy making

*About Mitra Jyothi*

Mitra Jyothi is a registered Charitable Trust formed in 1990. This trust is
working for visually impaired and other disabled people in their Education,
Training and Employment. At present our activities are as follows:

1. Multimedia DAISY Resource Centre to provide educational and general
books on audio CDs to the students with visual impairment

2. Basic and Advanced Computer training to the students with visual
impairment.

3. Braille transcription centre to provide Braille books and Braille tools
to the needy students with visual impairment

4. Independent living skill training to the rural women with visual
impairment.

5. Job placement service to persons with disabilities.

Start Date: 24th Jan 2014

End Date: March End

Frequency: Every Friday

Timings: 3 pm to 5 pm

Venue: Mitra Jyothi

CA Site # P22, 31st Main,

18th Cross, Sector 1, HSR Layout,

Behind National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT College)

Bangalore - 560102

Ph: 080-22587623/25

If interested, please revert back to us at mj.tblibr...@gmail.com before 20
th January 2014.

Thanks & Regards,

Mitra Jyothi
CA Site # P22, 31st Main,
18th Cross, Sector 1, HSR Layout,
Behind National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT College)
Bangalore - 560102
Ph: 080-22587623/25
Website: www.mitrajyothi.org

<http://www.mitrajyothi.org>
Time to meet up again!
Register for AccessIndia Convention 2014: