friends,
lets not be in a herry.
the bill should not be passed whithout proper discussion in the parliament as was the case in 1995. powers of CCPD is going to be curb as per my knowledge. we should focus on what extra are we getting by this bill. please read carefully and then sign.
From: "KanchanPamnani" <kanchanpamn...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 5:10 PM
To: <kalyan_r...@gmail.com>; "'AccessIndia: a list for discussing accessibility and issuesconcerning the disabled.'" <accessindia@accessindia.org.in> Subject: Re: [AI] [SayEverything] please sign this pettition for passing thepwd bill.

Your 2nd point is not quite correct.
We estimate the disabled population to be around 70 million or about 5-6% of
the population of India. Unfortunately and for whatever reason the latest
census has revealed that we are around 26million. So we are still less than
3% of the population.
Therefore a reservation of 5% is really good.

The next point of  ending it back to the Public may or may not be a good
idea but it is an expensive and time consuming matter.
I am looking at the draft law to understand its implication and will revert
when I have more concrete thoughts on it.
Please read the law for yourself and understand it before accepting what
others say to you. The next 2 months are crucial for the Disability sector.
Kanchan