Hi all,

Some of you may have attended Techshare 2014. It was held just before the
access-India convention at the Habitat center.

The chemistry lab stole the show. I want that lab quest instrument!! My
compliments to the Barrierbreak personnel manning the stall. They knew what
they were doing and adapted to the level of the student very quickly. Thanks
to XRCVC as well without whom that stall would not have been possible.
Note to self, the remote control unit of the Optolec clear reader is not to
be mistaken for the lab quest device.

In terms of the discussion, the panel on entrepreneurship moderated by
Shilpi Kapoor was really good. I appreciate the ringing endorsement given to
the disabilities sector by Aavishkaar (http://www.aavishkaar.in/). These are
venture capitalists who invest in early stage businesses. I had the most fun
at the talking television session. Kiran, Richard, thanks for a brilliant
presentation and for supplying my British humor fix. <smile I wonder, is
there way to legitimately purchase audio described programs from the UK? I
hope some of you heard Dipendra at the access-India convention detail his
experience in this area. We seem to have a very long road ahead.
One of my favorite things about Techshare is the uniquely Indian solution we
have implemented in terms of infrastructure     accessibility. I do not have
rigorous statistical research to support this but I took about 7 steps on my
own and a volunteer materialized magically and asked if I needed help.
Another feature of interest was the sign language interpreter who I
understand was present in all sessions.

It was disappointing to see only 23 exhibiters (if there were more, sorry I
did not see them) but this is something that the organizers cannot control.
The technology appears to be unchanged from last Techshare. Strangely
enough, most of the excitement seems to have shifted to India with the
imminent  launch of products like Le-Chal. I wish they had visited
Techshare.

Pranav