From: Vedprakash
Sent:  03/03/2014, 16:42
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in; sayeveryth...@sayeverything.org
Cc: Rakesh Kumar Gupta([VH] Emp. ID 19900636 Lecturer Political Science)
Subject: [SayEverything] The Disabled as a pressure group

Dear list members,

After the inhuman attitude of Delhi Police towards the disabled community
during the recent protests, I wonder how it comes that we have not been able to
create a pressure group of the disabled persons.

Religious communities, Backward classes, Dalits, SC's and ST's, women, gay
community, almost all communities and classes but the disabled have created a
kind of support base, which provides them social, political and at times, the
financial support.

It is high time that we should think in terms of creating a support base for
our own selves. Religious groups issue guidelines for the concerned community
to vote in a particular pattern during the elections and use it as a pressure
tactic to fulfil their demands.

Now that the national disability alliance has come into being, let us also try
to use this kind of political bargaining in the interest of the community.

Let us convey it to each political party that we, as a community shall vote for
the party which accommodates our demands and grievances in its election
manifesto.

The message should be loud and clear for all contesting candidates that we can
and shall influence the results of elections in the favour of those who stand
for us as a support base.

Please discuss it and devise a well thought out strategy which should be used
in the forthcoming polls.

Thanks and regards.

is active.
If any time you wish to be unsubscribed from our Mailing List, please send a
message to
sayeverything-requ...@sayeverything.org
with the subject unsubscribe keeping the message body blank.

http://sayeverything.org/mailman/listinfo/sayeverything_sayeverything.org

Website: http://www.sayeverything.org