Hi Shadab  Bhaiya,

I am commenting on the limited question of your standalone OCR Devices.

Technically speaking, I am not talking  about an OCR device which is
absolutely standalone. In the sense, the devices which I am referring
to do need laptop in order to be used as camera scanners.

So products like Pearl, Lex Cam, Zoom-ex, etc. are the products which
act as a camera scanner, provided that you plug-in them into a USB
port of your laptop.

Of course a lot depends on what type of things you want to scan in
terms of getting the desired quality, but in general the quality of
the OCR output is satisfactory and sometimes even better than the
traditional scanners.

So for example, small print, footnotes, news paper style documents
(left right column style), do not work very well even with these
scanners.

But given the speed and processing of the scanned image, these are
definitely worth considering. The absolute standalone devices which
are battery operated, are pretty expensive, and they start above 1.7
Lakh. Whereas these camera scanners start from 50 Thousand above and
within 1 Lakh you can get any of them. Even weight wise the camera
scanners which are not standalone are lighter when compared to the
battery operated devices.

Let me know if you have specific questions, I would be glad to answer them!

Amar Jain.
Website: www.amarjain.com