presently what about your occupation?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Navin Kumar Gohil" <navingohil19...@gmail.com>
To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2014 5:55 PM
Subject: [AI] Introduction - Navin Kumar gohil

Hello all,

I am a new member who has joined this mailing list recently and the below is
a brief intro about myself.

First of all thanks to Shyam Sharma of Indore to introduce me to this
mailing list.

My name is Navin Kumar gohil and I am currently based in Nashik.

My educational background is Marine Engineering and I have experience of
over 20 years in commercial shipping (normally known as merchant navy) at
various positions/ranks in seagoing as well as shore based management with
last 4 years of my service being with Shipmanagement companies in Singapore.

I am a late blind person with blindness showering me at the age of 43 in Oct 2012 and thus I quit my job at shipping company at Singapore and shifted to
Nashik in Jan 2013. My blindness is due to Optic Neuritis/entropy and its
diagonised as auto-immune.

Thanks to excellent support provided by NAB,Nashik in re-orienting me for
use of computer with JAWS and special thanks to Mdm Vaishali in this regard.

Having undergone rehabilitation at Deptt. Of Rehab,NAB,Mumbai I have managed
to developed many skills to lead an independent life as a blind
person.thanks to the whole team of DOR,NAB for their excellent efforts.

I am currently still improvising my skill especially in adaptive technology
while always in look outfor suitable opportunity for future
engagement/involvement.

My hobbies include listening to music,reading books and going on long
drives.

I am currently living in Nashik with my home-maker wife and a school going
son.

A big thank you to Deepak Shaparia of Ahmedabad for their guidance and also
thanks to Balasaheb Londhe of Nashik for their tips specially on JAWS.

I am a man of few words but will try to contribute my view points/comments
in this august group once in a while.

Also a big believer that "Show must go on ... And along with it the journey
of life."

Wishing you all a peaceful and restful weekend.

Warm regards

Navin Kumar gohil