-----Original Message-----
From: Blindmath [mailto:blindmath-boun...@nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Godfrey,
Jonathan via Blindmath
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2014 6:30 AM
To: Blind Math list for those interested in mathematics
Subject: [Blindmath] Journal of Statistical Software publication
announcement

Hi all,

Theodor Loots (also on the list) and I had our review of statistical
software for blind users published this month.

http://www.jstatsoft.org/v58/s01

We only reviewed R, SAS, SPSS, and Minitab in any detail but we did develop
a set of criteria by which any statistical software could be judged. The
software requiring the most detail was SAS; I am therefore grateful that I
could  tap Theodor's knowledge of SAS. Without it the paper would have
fallen short of publishing standard.

The Journal of Statistical Software is open access and has a very high
impact factor (4.9) so our contribution should be noticed by a fairly wide
range of readers.

Jonathan

Blindmath:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindmath_nfbnet.org/pranav.lal%40gmail.co