Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2014 8:43 AM
To: accessindia
Subject: [AI] regarding uper body protection for blind

hey all!
hope all are doing good....
As the above line says everything, is there anything that I can use to
either detect those obstacles while walking on the road using my
stick?
or, is there an unique stick that has some functions that is not just
a white stick but, more than that?
More precisely explaining, I am planning to use my stick & mobile
around the city my self independently but, the fear is that, Bangalore
is a crowded cities like others & there are cars, trucks parked on the
sides of the road which a stick cannot help in detect. I mean, the
upper  part of the body can't be protected from all this and hanging
branches, current wires, etc.
So, could anyone throw some light on this apparatus?