Friends,

This is 7th bank in India having talking ATM for the blind customers which
has formally announced. Yesterday, I used its Mulund West ATM with talking
mode for cash withdrawal.  It allows independent operation with headphone
and hidden screen.  However its operation is not as standard as SBI, BOB
and Union bank.  Below are few noted variations when compared with IBA
standard workflow on talking ATM.

1. ATM machine I used was of dip card (motorized) type. It sucks ATM card.
It starts with orientation and then you need to insert card.

2. ATM has prerecorded voice and only English language but not bilingual
TTS.

3. It takes longer time compare to other bank talking ATM using TTS voices.

4. No Braille stickers found to locate ATM parts.

I am sure with our usage and feedback bank will improve on workflow and
other issues.

Below are 8 locations where HSBC installed Talking ATM. Copied from their
website.

1.  HSBC - Maharashtra - Shop no.14, Runwal Commercial Complex, LBS Marg,
Mulund (w), Mumbai-400080 (landmark – Near Veena nagar bus stop)

2. HSBC - Tamil Nadu - Rajalakshmi, no.5 & 7, Cathedral Road, Chennai-600086

3. HSBC - Karnataka - no 7, HSBC center, M G Road, Bangalore-560001

4. HSBC - Maharashtra - Amar Avinash Corporate city, Bund Garden Road,
Pune-411001

5. HSBC - Delhi - Birla Tower, 25 Barakhamba road, New Delhi -110001

6. HSBC - West Bengal - Infinity Benchmark, Plot No. A3, block-GP, Sector
V, Salt Lake, kolkata-700091

7. HSBC - Haryana - HSBC, Institutional Plot No.68, Sector 44,
Gurgaon-122002, Haryana

8. HSBC - Maharashtra - HSBC, NESCO Compound, Opp Mahananda Dairy, WE
Highway, Goregaon East, Mumbai 400063

Thanks Amjad for sharing this info.

Regards,

PRASHANT NAIK