To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2015 11:02 AM
Subject: Re: [AI] New York Times: Disabled seek help to satisfy sexualdesires

Friends

Somewhere in the original article, it is very rightly written that sex
with a commercial sex worker is not a very fullfilling experience for
a disabled person and that the act is over quick and fast.
I think, most of the times, for persons with disability like us, its
an urge to be accepted as who we are unconditionally and being able to
express ourselves is the main requirement.
Sadly, the social constructs around us does not even have any clue
that we are equally sexual beings and have the right to express
ourselves fully.
In our country, where sex is not legal, finding a commercial worker
itself is very risky and sometimes impossible.

Each one of us whether disabled or not have the same feelings with
respect to hunger, thirst or sex. Its absolutely fine to honour the
body's feelings
Merely brushing aside this urge on the pretext of our culture (which
no one really knows what it is) and waiting for marriage (which seems
to be a tough proposition and comes with its own associated costs and
challenges) is further eroding our consciousness.

No one needs to bother too much about culture as it is changing with
every passing generation and would take care of itself.
I wish if we also lived in an age of free sexual expression and gratification.
These are just my reflections and I am not willing to argue with
anybody in the list on what is right and wrong a acceptable social
behaviour.

Cheers
Jairam

is active.