Totally agreed Ketan!

On 4/16/15, Ketan Kothari <muktake...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Friends,
>
> I am already on the job and Subhashbhai thank you for those links.  We
> need to remember that mere built environment is not our concern but
> everything from hawking zones, transport, leisure planning etc. will
> have to be accessible.
>
> With best wishes,
>
> Ketan
>
> On 4/16/15, SC Vashishth <subhashvashis...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Dear Sagar,
>>
>> This is an opportune time to give inputs to Mumbai Development Plan 2014
>> -
>> 2034. You may refer to Street design guidelines for ensuring a barrier
>> free
>> environment that are currently applicable to Delhi for guidance and
>> comment
>> where access issues have not been integrated.
>>
>> Strengthening Development Plans is an important step however,
>> subsequently,
>> to get these plans implemented, the stakeholders need to be little
>> more vociferous.  Best of policies remain on paper in absence of active
>> engagement of concerned stakeholders.
>>
>> Here is the link to the Street Design Guidelines prepared by UTTIPEC -
>> arm
>> of Delhi Development Authority under Ministry of Urban Development.
>> http://www.uttipec.nic.in/StreetGuidelines-R1-Feb2011-UTTPEC-DDA.pdf
>>
>> You may also like to refer to similar efforts in European countries where
>> they name it as Street Design guidelines for healthy neighbourhoods or
>> walkable communities. Here is one such paper
>> http://contextsensitivesolutions.org/content/reading/street-design/resources/3918-270-street-design-guidelines-for-healthy-neighborhoods/
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> On 16 April 2015 at 12:12, Sagar Sodah <saga...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi friends,
>>>
>>> I am planning to put some time and understand the Mumbai Development
>>> Plan
>>> 2014 - 2034. MCGM is inviting suggestions and feedback from the public.
>>> Let's look at it and give suggestions on how to make the city more
>>> disability friendly.
>>>
>>> Anyone here who can help me in this, please do get in touch with me. If
>>> you
>>> have any suggestions in general or have some knowledge that i can make
>>> use
>>> of by asking questions or know nay resources that i could use for
>>> reference, it would be very helpful.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Sagar
>>> +91 99 30 271732
>>> intouchid: 2010-SAGAR007 <http://intch.me/2010-SAGAR007>
>>>
>>> "The evil of the world is made possible only by the sanction you give
>>> it."
>>> - John Galt in "Atlas Shrugged"

>>> of
>>> mobile phones / Tabs on:

>>> please visit the list home page at

>>> veracity;

>>> mails
> [...]

Dhananjay Bhole,
coordinator,
Accessibility research group,
Department of Education and Extension,
Savitribai Phule Pune University,
Ganesh Khind road,
Pune 411007.
Email: drbh...@unipune.ac.in
Website: http://www.unipune.ac.in/atbslc
PH: +912025601352
Telephax: +912025601301
cell:+919850123212

"through difficulties and problems, god gives us opportunities to
learn and grow" Dr.Kalam