Yes, it is also an alternative to access SBI EMS, but I have
discovered another way to access EMS through web application
(Firefox).

There are three user interfaces which EMS provides for its users.
1.      Full mode,
2.       Light mode
3.      Ultra lite mode.

Each mode has its own features and the most accessible mode is
ultra-lite mode. Below are the steps for switching the user interface
from one mode to another.
Please note, ultra lite mode (most accessible one) is only available
on Mozilla Firefox.

1.      Log-in with your e-mail credentials and visit your inbox using
Mozilla Firefox browser.
2.      Above the logout link, the current mode is displayed. Move to the
second letter of the mode (full or lite) as the case may be and press
the space bar.
3.      Navigate down and you will find the list of modes to choose (full,
lite, and ultra-lite). Press enter on the desired mode (ultra lite
mode). The user interface will change into ultra-lite mode.

Below mentioned are some features of all the user interfaces.

iNotes feature  Full mode       Lite mode       Ultralite mode
Browser support 1.      Internet Explorer 6 or later
2.      Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.13 or later
3.      Safari 3.1      1.      Internet Explorer 6 or later
2.      Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.13 or later
3.      Safari 3.1      1.      Apple iPhone firmware version 1.1.4+
2.      Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.13 or later
Able to set preferences Yes     Yes     No
Honor set preferences   Yes     Yes (partial)   Yes (partial)
Drag and drop attachments from desktop/file system      Yes     No      No
Rename attachments on download  Yes     Yes     No
Full text Search (if enabled)   Yes     Yes     No
Notebook        Yes     No      No
Allow access to mail, contacts, or calendar (delegation)        Yes     No
No
Product Help available  Yes     Yes     Yes
Offline support for messaging, PIM, and collaborative applications      Yes
No      No
Customizable Home Page  Yes     No      No
Ability to archive      Yes     No      No
Bi-directional language support Yes     Yes     No
Accessible client       No      No      Yes
Lotus Notes widgets     Yes     No      No
Use RSS feeds   Yes     No      No
Quickr integration      Yes     No      No
Mail
iNotes Feature  Full mode       Lite mode       Ultralite mode
General
Support for Read/Unread marks   Yes     Yes     Yes
Automatically check for new messages    Yes     Yes     No
Set out-of-office notifications Yes     Yes     No
Sametime integration    Yes     No      No
Delegate mail file access       Yes     No      No
Support for Alternate Names     Yes     Yes     No
Read signed and/or encrypted mail       Yes     Yes     Yes
Create mail rules       Yes     No      No
Preview messages        Yes     Yes (bottom preview only)       No
Mark message for follow up      Yes     Yes     No
Next/previous navigation within an open mail message    Yes     Yes     Yes
View mail threads from within an open message   Yes     No      No
View formatted text within a message    Yes     Yes     Yes
Reply with attachments  Yes     Yes     No
View tables and Notes sections within messages  Yes     Yes     Yes
Resend documents from within a delivery failure Yes     Yes     No
Add sender to Personal Contacts Yes     No      No
Mail list views and folders
Drafts folder   Yes     Yes     No
Mail threads view       Yes     No      No
Nested folder support   Yes     Yes     No
System folders (Inbox, Sent, All Documents, Trash)      Yes     Yes     Yes
Junk folder     Yes     Yes     No
Drag-and-drop documents to folders or views     Yes     Yes     No
Honor mail rules        Yes     Yes     Yes
Scrollable list         Yes     Yes     No
Display lists a page at a time  Yes     No      Yes
Context menus (right-click menus)       Yes     Yes     No
Sort by columns Yes     Yes     No
Select multiple documents       Yes     Yes     No
Keyboard navigation     Yes     No      Yes (Desktop version only)
Filter unread messages  Yes     No      No (unread count provided)
Composing a message
Create/use stationery   Yes     No      No
Add a personal signature to a message   Yes     Yes     No
Type-ahead addressing   No      Yes (with notes.ini parameter)  No
Address name picker     Yes     Yes     No
File attachments        Yes     Yes     Yes (open and forward only)
Send signed and/or encrypted mail       Yes     No      No
Delivery options (priority, delivery report, return receipt)    Yes     Yes
No
Save draft message      Yes     Yes     No
Copy into (convert item to task, calendar entry, or new message)        Yes
No      No
Keep Private (prevent forward/reply/copy)       Yes     No      No
Spell check     Yes     Yes     No
Create message with formatted text (rich text editor)   Yes     Yes     No

warm regards,
Yogesh Chhabra