---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Saquib Salim <saqibsalim...@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 20:58:28 +0530
Subject: {Disability Studies India} Launch of a monthly magazine for
Disability issues in India
To: disability-studies-in...@googlegroups.com

Dear all group members,
                                  We feel elated as we inform you and
invite you all at the launching ceremony of the much awaited English
monthly on disability issues, Unspoken. Launch will take place at 4:30
p.m on July 5 at SSS 1 Auditorium, JNU. Mr. Manish Sisodia, Professor
Aditya Mukherjee, Dr. Satendra Singh are a few distinguished
personality who will grace the occasion with their presence.
  We request all the group members to attend this event in order to
encourage and boost the initiative.
Thank you.

Yours,
Saquib Salim
Managing Editor (Unspoken)
9958796885

On 31/05/2015, Saquib Salim <saqibsalim...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It is to bring to the notice to all the members of this group that we are
> launching a magazine to take up the issues related to disability. We want
> cooperation from you all. Your suggestions as well as contribution as
> articles for the magazine are much needed.
>
> ‘UNSPOKEN’, with its first issue all set to come out in the month of June,
> 2015, is going to be the first English monthly in India that deals with the
>
> disability issues and awareness. The team behind this magazine is already
> working in the field of disability awareness in the form of ‘Max Relief
> Trust (Reg.)’ for a last few years. The term disability refers to socially
> ascribed meanings to diverse human conditions having different types of
> physical and mental impairments over life course in different cultural
> contexts. It is multidimensional, complex and contested. With nearly 2
> percent of Indian population classified as disabled, disability is one of
> the important axes of marginality and inequality in Indian context. Through
>
> this magazine we would be examining the bodies of knowledge from the
> disability perspective; collating, understanding and analyzing the
> construction of disability; providing voice to the lived experience of
> persons with the disabilities and spreading awareness about the social and
> cultural constructions of disability vis-à-vis the physiological or medical
>
> conceptualization of it.
>
> For more details, please visit: www.unspokenmagazine.com
> or e-mail at: managingedi...@unspokenmagazine.com or
> saqibsalim...@gmail.com