I am implementing some Ruby code to validate the claims shown in the appendix
A of draft-ietf-ace-cbor-web-token-01.  It wasn't obvious at first, or
maybe I just don't get it, but the examples there are not, I think, signed.
We are looking at the content that would get signed.

What I see in A.2 is a claim about a public key, but no signature:
      "This is then packaged signed and encrypted using COSE."

Are there any plans to provide a signed test vector as part of CWT?

It also seems that perhaps CWT doesn't not need all of the modes that
ietf-cose-msg provides.  Also, cose-msg has 10 further revisions since the -14
that
cwt points to... I don't know if there are any things affecting it.

I am currently making sure that I can validate some of the vectors in
Appendix C of ietf-cose-msg.   I think that the examples are from:
    https://github.com/cose-wg/Examples

I wonder if the directories could say "c-1-1" or something in them?
(or the other way around).  I think that:
    C.1.1.  Single Signature

is ecdsa-01.json, which has a nice
   "title":"ECDSA-01: ECDSA - P-256"

maybe that could be in the document?

(My thanks for the LotR inspired keys!)

I am aware that ietf-cose-msg-24 has past the WGLC...

ietf-cose-msg-24 says on pg 11:
   protected:  Contains parameters about the current layer that are to
      be cryptographically protected.  This bucket MUST be empty if it

and after explaining that a zero length string should be used, it
says:
  "This avoids the problem of all
    parties needing to be able to do a common canonical encoding."

Isn't saying it's a zero-length string, a canonical encoding?

 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-