Ø  But I don't think we can tell endpoints that they are on their own unless
they get the right hardware or they comply with the ACE-OAuth model, or DOXS.

[This is probably an issue unrelated to EST topic but worthwhile to talk about
nevertheless.]

How do you expect companies to come up with reasonable IoT security?

Our (Arm) thinking was that working on building blocks that are then combined
in complete IoT device management solutions (like LwM2M) and supplemented with
security guidance that includes the implementation (software & hardware), as we
do it with the Platform Security Architecture (see
https://developer.arm.com/products/architecture/platform-security-architecture),
 is the only way to improve IoT security. If you just dump ideas and protocols
with lots of options to OEMs and let them figure out the security story
themselves then guess what the outcome will be.

Ciao
Hannes

medium. Thank you.