On 30/10/2018 19:52, Mike Jones wrote:
Thanks for your responses, Ludwig.

 I could live with "access_token" having a single-byte
representation, since as you point out, it is needed for every ACE
OAuth interaction.  An "error" value is only needed when something
goes wrong, so that doesn't seem like a case that needs to be
optimized for space.  A two-byte "error" representation will only be
used when errors have occurred, so shouldn't be a problem.

-- Mike

-----Original Message----- From: Ace <ace-boun...@ietf.org> On Behalf

Thank you for the quick and comprehensive answer Mike!

I conclude the following:

We are in agreement about giving "profile", "error", "token_type" and "grant_type" two-byte abbreviations in CBOR.

"scope" and "access_token" will get a one-byte abbreviation aligned with the unused numbers from CWT claims.

At IETF 103 I will propose the solution of registering all parameter abbreviations in the CWT claim registry in order to align abbreviations and avoid duplicate assignments.

If a signed request (and response) format is needed I am all for using CWT in the context of ACE access token requests, responses and introspection requests and responses. I will take up that discussion at IETF 103.

I will propose to make "token_type" and "grant_type" OPTIONAL, deviating from the OAuth 2.0 specs and defining the default token type to be "PoP" and the default grant_type to be "client_credentials". This will avoid having to send grant_type with every access token request and token_type with every successful access token response.

Regards,

Ludwig

--
Ludwig Seitz, PhD