On Feb 21, 2019, at 23:31, Jim Schaad <i...@augustcellars.com> wrote:

> I am thinking of two different URLs, that is not do the difference by a query
> parameter but by changing the URI.

Note that the query parameters are part of the URI, so fundamentally there is
no difference between putting the info there or in the path part of the URI.

The path part can be slightly more concise.  We are more used to “computing”
the query part.  I don’t have a strong preference.

But in either case it is good if discovery can find the URI being offered
(including its query parameters, if those are used).

(And I agree that the “ct” target attribute really is for the top level media
type; of course we could invent a new target attribute “ect” for embedded
content formats [and fight against autocorrection for the rest of our lives
:-)].)

Grüße, Carsten