Hi Carsten,

On Sun, Jul 23, 2023 at 03:10:43PM +0200, Carsten Bormann wrote:
> Whether anyone whose statements you are willing to base your
> authorization on is willing to endorse the manufacturer’s claims is
> one of the authorization questions hidden in attestation…

As I understand there can also be other valuable statements in the
voucher:

For example, I may not make much of the vendor's statement that this is
actually a device they produced running firmware version X. But
provided I trust them to the point that if they say it's version X it
really is (possibly aided by by any RATS things through which the
silicon vendor confirms that claim), I'd put much value in an escrow
agent's attestation that says that they hold firmware and firmware
signing keys, and that they will be escrowed as soon as the vendor stops
providing updates.

At any rate, I think that the next iteration of the document will be
more ACE EST, and for EST it doesn't matter too much whether that
initial all-privileged device owner is established through EST, TOFU or
something like EAP-NOOB.

BR

  -- Bene Gesserit axiom