Carlos Sanchez wrote:

Hi,

My question is: can I write a rule in filter security interceptor so an URL
doesn't need to have a role (needed to override a less specific one)?

e.g. in the following bean I want that all *.do except populateDatabase.do
need ROLE_USER.
populateDatabase.do can be called by any user although he hadn't logged in
before.

Hi Carlos

Take a look at
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.springframework.acegisecurity.devel/162.

Instead of rearranging your application's paths or writing a class like
mentioned in the archive, you might be able to change your database
setup approach. One way would be to write a filter which detects a
request for "populateDatabase.do" and runs the database setup code. Or
you could even automate it via a load-at-startup Servlet which detects
an empty database on application startup and sets it up. Or a Quartz job
which does the routine database or system management tasks, including
initial database configuration. There are other ways too.

Best regards