OK guys, it was the filter ordering. Can't believe I missed that. Thanks for answering stupid questions!!

Chris

Ben Alex wrote:

François Beausoleil wrote:

Do you have some code you could show us ? I don't even know what sitemesh is... I could take a look, and see if there's anything I could do ?

Hi Francois

I used Sitemesh with Acegi Security successfully, so I'm not sure they'd be a ContextHolder-level issue. As the ContextHolder is working in this particular application (so authorization can take place), the ContextHolder must be populated and in turn the authz taglib should work fine.

Sitemesh is a filter and as such should be running in the same thread as the the Acegi Security net.sf.acegisecurity.ui integration filter which populates the ContextHolder. Chris, would you mind posting your applicationContext.xml and web.xml so we can see how you've got it configured? Also, are you using the authz tag in your decorator or the body-content? Are you executing the Acegi UI filter (typically AutoIntegrationFilter) _before_ the Sitemesh filter (so it gets a chance to populate the ContextHolder)? Which container and Acegi code version are you using (some improvements to CVS have recently been made so the filters execute only once per request)?

Best regards