Johan Andries wrote:

One thing the integrated CAS SSO lacks is the fact that it limits the user to browser-only applications because the system uses HTTP redirects. At least, that's what I found out while reading the docs. So this is, AFAIK, an important reason why it would be interesting for other SSO systems to be integrated in acegi.

There is currently a CAS 3.0 in development that while maintaining full CAS 2.0 protocol compatibility will support remoting the CAS protocol (either out of the box or through extension). In CVS (http://www.uportal.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/cas3/) we have some code showing this (a warning that we are in the midst of a major refactoring so the code is currently in a state of flux and much of it is sitting on my PC ;-)).

You can also learn more about CAS 3 on the CAS Wiki @ http://jasigch.princeton.edu:9000/display/CAS

As Ben mentioned in an email, both Dmitriy and I are commiters for both projects so if there are any "CAS 3" clients, you can be sure Acegi will know what to do with them ;-) Currently however, the CAS 2.0 clients should be sufficient.

Thanks

Scott Battaglia
Application Developer, New Technology Group
Enterprise Systems and Services, Rutgers University
v: 732.445.0097 | f: 732.445.5493 | [EMAIL PROTECTED]