I spoke with Ben off-list on IM. We'd like some more input on this
before I commit all the changes...

These are the two overall changes, copy and paste from my notes.

Added AuthenticationException to the commence method signature of the
AutenticationEntryPoint. The best example of this
is the BasicProcessingFilterEntryPoint where the
authException.getMessage() is used to send back an informative 401,
instead of just the error code.

Added AccessDeniedException to the sendAccessDeniedError method
signature. The accessDeniedException.getMessage() result
is used to send an invormative 403 error back to the servletResponse by default.

I've already made all the changes locally. Javadoc, tests, all the
usual suspects. All tests pass.

Pretty simple really.

-Ray