Scott Battaglia wrote:

Robert,

There's an official JIRA issue in Spring for the LDAP support. Not sure what's going to happen with it though. I'd like to see it in Spring though ;-)

We have a duplicate of them in the CAS CVS tree only because they aren't in the Spring CVS tree anywhere and we made a few minor modifications. I'd rather they weren't there though.

Scott, what license was the contributed LDAP code provided under?

I didn't realise there weren't unit tests for the LDAP support classes when I wrote my original email mentioning them. Making a copy of the classes into the Acegi Security CVS is unattractive without unit tests, as we need to keep coverage as close to 100% as practical. Whilst we could write unit tests for these classes, it seems a big scope blow-out when our original goal was to simply get coverage for our own LDAP DAO implementation.

It's up to you Robert how to approach this, as you've been good enough to donate your time. If you wish to put these LDAP support classes into CVS, do you have time to write some tests for them? If so we could easily make it a Maven subproject with its own JAR (acegi-security-ldap-0.8.0.jar) and that would probably give a nice solution for the wider Spring Community until the code was absorbed into Spring proper. Or would that same time be more effectively spent just focusing on our LDAP DAO, and maybe using some in-memory LDAP server (eg Apache DS) or mock?

Best regards