I've never seen Siteminder used to protect client-side apps because we've always used it as a server-side ISAPI filter or Apache module.  I'd recommend first checking with Siteminder to see what their solutions are for rich client apps, then once you know the mechanism of how the user's identity is passed into your app, then you can figure out what kind of adapter is necessary.

Good luck!

Scott