Hi Jin

I think there are already plugin points for each of these steps.

Jin Peng wrote:

> 1. Retrieve  SSO token from HTTP request (usually SSO cookie)
Authentication mechanism (usually a filter).

> 2. Validate SSO token
> 3. Recreate authentication context from a valid SSO token.
Authentication provider and generally an Authentication object to pass
between the authentication mechanism and authentication provider.

> 4. Terminate a SSO token (global sign off)

Logout handler.

A couple of weeks ago I wrote the above at a client site and it took
about twenty minutes (including unit tests). It could be simplified
further by having an Authentication object contain a field to denote the
source authentication mechanism class, and a general
AuthenticationProvider which automatically accepts such objects (the
authentication mechanism would still need to be written, but you could
include an abstract method that contains the HttpServletRequest
parameter and returns an Authentication object).

Cheers