In my experience, the restrictions are trivial. See
http://virtualschool.edu/jco, which tackles a similar problem and
describes the policy as I know it. In particular:

JCO is approved for export by U.S. Dept. of Commerce Bureau of Industry
and Security Regulation #740.13E5  under TSU License Exception
ECCN#5D002. The distribution url, http://virtualschool.edu/jco, was
registered via email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and [EMAIL PROTECTED] on August 7,
2003 as instructed in a phone conversation on that date with the
Department of Commerce consultation hotline (who were most helpful, by
the way). The exception was confirmed by email on August 8.

--
Brad J. Cox, Ph.D.
Office: 703 361 4751 Cell: 571-247-1674 Wife: 703 368 1174

When you want it bad, you get it bad,
and most people want it in the worst way.
        - Heidi Heiden