Full-Quote of Guillaume's mail see below (mail was sent directly and
didn't go to the list).

My Opinion about this: Yes, you have to use dedicated submission-ports,
that's how it is defined to work. Misusing port 25 is a wideseen
configuration, but that's not how it was designed in the RFC's. You say
popular IT-Networks don't allow outgoing connections to the dedicated
submission-ports but allow outgoing connections to port 25? That's
weird. My personal experience when traveling and using
Public/Hotel/Airport/University/Company-WLANs is, that port 25 is almost
everywhere blocked (to prevent outgoing spam from these LANs) but using
submission-ports usually works fine.

If you really have this problem feel free to configure your personal
client to use Port 25 or host an additional submission port on 443 to go
through these firewalls.