> On 26 Nov 2015, at 1:16 PM, Randy Bush <ra...@psg.com> wrote:
>
>> The resolution of a certificate is the domain name, e.g. it is valid for
>> all services on the machine.
>
>        X509v3 extensions:
>            X509v3 Key Usage: critical
>                Digital Signature, Key Encipherment
>            X509v3 Extended Key Usage:
>                TLS Web Server Authentication, TLS Web Client Authentication
>            X509v3 Basic Constraints: critical
>                CA:FALSE
>
> from a soon very popular ca

The other CAs do the same. Notice how it says “Web server authentication”, not
“port 443 server authentication”.  Another thing is that I don’t get why some
CAs have the web *client* authentication EKU thrown in there.  Either way, that
certificate is just as good for port 5000 (python flask’s default port) as it
is for port 443, and vice versa.

Yoav