On 24 March 2016 at 09:33, Karthik Bhargavan
<karthikeyan.bharga...@inria.fr> wrote:
> Emails with clickable links are *BAD*; we should enhance their security by
> linking them better with
> the ACME account key.

FWIW, I think that a clickable link could be possible, it just
wouldn't be able to point to the server.  If, as you suggest, the
point is to give the ACME client a fresh secret, then the link could
be changed from:

https://acme.server.example/recover/<secret>

acme:recover:<secret>

Most operating systems understand how to invoke local software in
response to that and your proposed flow behaves much the same from a
user perspective.

That isn't *as* good as your proposal, I don't think, but it might
have some usability advantages.