On 02/18/2017 02:07 AM, Martin Thomson wrote:
> On 18 February 2017 at 00:42, Josh Soref <jso...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm reminded ... there was one specification (i can't remember if it
>> was Cookie, HTTP, or HTML) which had a UAs must tell users about
>> something (redirects? cookies?).
>
> HTTP did, at one time have such text.  I would agree with you that
> attempting to push messages on users is foolish.  Record the details
> in a log, sure, but trying to find a user, that's not gonna happen if
> you are running acme clients on 1000s of machines.
This is a fair point. The language here is in response to one client
that is interactive, but chose to display the "Description" from the
errors table rather than the detail field. This was a problem because
one error type can manifest with a lot of different details, so exposing
the detail field to the end user in some way is critical. I don't think
it matters whether the end user interacts primarily through log
aggregation or interactively.

Do you have proposed alternate langauge, given the above?