Thanks for following up on your initial message with PR's Sophie.

For PR 281 I left a small comment but otherwise LGTM.

For PR 280 - I think the proposed changes are great with the exception of
one question I have RE: the mechanism to differentiate the account URI
recovery POSTs from account creation POSTs.
Do you think it would be clearer to separate the account URI recovery to a
new endpoint?
It seems like the empty JWS payload approach would work, but we're adding
more complexity to the account creation endpoint to allow it to double as
the account URI recovery endpoint. Maybe it's time to separate it properly.
What does the list think?