The biggest concern I have is the text regarding certificate lifetime
and the handling of the possibility that IP addresses are dynamically
allocated.  This seems a little weak and it leaves a lot to the CA to
manage.  Is there anything that can be done to gain a stronger
assertion that the allocation is (more) persistent?  An affirmation
from someone higher in the tree perhaps?

Some nits:

You definitely want to reference RFC 5952 here when it comes to IPv6 addresses.

Break the long line with the ip6.arpa example.

I would also recommend a shorter label, maybe _acme-ip.  You don't
want a very long name in case the base name is long (which is
relatively commonplace).