Hiya,

On 31/08/17 22:46, Ben Schwartz wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This is a very late comment from IETF 99.

Here's an even later and less well-informed comment. (Sorry,
I didn't notice the traffic on this draft before now;-)

I really like the idea that the acme WG aims to figure out a
way to enable people at home to use https with their home n/w
routers.

I'm not at all sure that a DNS-based approach here will cut
the mustard, though it's a not-bad plan to define one in any
case.

I'd love that we chat about this topic involving folks from
the acme and homenet WGs, as it seems those are the sets of
IETF folks who might be most relevant for the discussion.

Lastly, having read the WG mails related to this draft, I
do get that a solution that doesn't muck around CAB forum
policies is needed, (or else that browser should barf the
cert) I'd also argue that it may be easier to work around
CAB forum than the realities of DNS. (That said, I do not
have a concrete suggestion for how to solve this problem,
sorry;-)

Cheers,
S.