Thanks for pointing this out!

On 12/01/2017 04:06 AM, Sophie Herold wrote:
> camelCase
>
> - newKey
> - keyAuthorization
> - notBefore
> - notAfter
>
> kebab-case
>
> - (all directory fields)
> - terms-of-service-agreed
> - only-return-existing
> - external-account-binding

You forgot to include the field names in the directory object, which are
currently all kebab case. I think changing those to camelCase would make
it dramatically harder for clients to share code between their current
implementation and their v2 implementation. So I'm definitely opposed to
switching to camelCase.

We could in theory switch newKey and keyAuthorization to kebabs, if
that's an exhaustive list (nothing currently uses notBefore and
notAfter). However, I just finished changing one client so it can
support either the old "uri" field in challenges, or the new "url"
field, and it was a surprisingly large hassle. I'd rather not impose the
additional hassle of dual-classing more field names.

Keep in mind that while Let's Encrypt / Boulder is visible, we've heard
from a handful of other CAs who have implemented "Certbot compatible"
ACME endpoints privately. We should expect that there will be a
transition period where most clients will want to support either the
older spec version implemented by Certbot / Boulder, OR the final RFC
version.