Sure.  Plenty of ways to do that.

If your primary concern is issuance, then you don't even need server
push, you can just long-poll.  In HTTP/1.1, that's gross because it
ties up a connection and has some disgusting keep-alive properties.
In h2 there is no opportunity cost to worry about, the connection
remains usable for other things while you wait.  (You can use
prefer:wait to control timing if you want a standards-based solution:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7240#section-4.3)