On 08/31/2018 01:51 PM, Adam Roach wrote:
The baseline problem here is that the original analysis that determined that orders, authorizations, challenges, and certificates were "not sensitive" was incorrect. These are all potentially sensitive from a privacy perspective. Perhaps not in isolation, but the problem here is correlation, not isolation.

What do you think about the question of preventing correlation of the existence of URLs? Do you think that's in-scope, or should we only prevent correlation of the contents?

Here's another example of a URL scheme where revealing existence would reveal some correlation data:

/account/100/certificate/example.com
/account/201/certificate/example.net
/account/100/certificate/secret.example.com

Personally, I think it will be intractable to hide the existence/non-existence of URLs, and we should just mention it as a risk in the security considerations section. That leads me to the conclusion that it's fine to return Unauthorized for resources that exist, by the client does not own.