After some research I found
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-acme-client/ which almost fills the
bill.  What would the preferred procedure be, including challenge?

Attestations like offered by FIDO is not a part of ACME, right?

thanx,
Anders

On 2021-10-11 9:03, Anders Rundgren wrote:
Dear ACME experts,

I haven't kept track of ACME so please pardon my somewhat naive question:

In Open Banking, service providers (TPPs) are equipped with TLS client
certificates as well as signature certificates.  Currently the certificates
(including associated private keys), are distributed by the CA as encrypted
files.  This makes updates fairly difficult and not entirely compatible with
the highly regulated nature of these providers.

Question: does ACME support this scenario?

thanx,
Anders