I'm trying to convert our last few web methods that are not in A4D and ran into a problem. A forms application we've used for years (InformedFiller/Desktop eForms from FileNet) uses HTTP to talk to 4D. You can do lookups, submits or auto-increments and use JavaScript to drive it.

I seemed to remember I had problems with auto-increment when you opened up a new form (e.g., next PO number). Setting the response to text/plain ended up to the standard two CR at end of response and that messed up the field. My solution was to send an html blob:

        TEXT TO BLOB($POnum;$htmlBlob;Text without length )
        SEND HTML BLOB($htmlBlob;".txt")

Since I can't use those commands, I've tried to convert it to A4D, but everything I've tried in A4d sends the two CR's. (wrapper to put text in blob and then write($blob) or write blob($blob;".txt))

Any ideas on how to get rid of the CR? Guess I can just leave it alone (called with A4D_PreOnWebConnectionHook), but the purpose was not to have every request go through the hook.

For what it is worth, the OS X version of the forms package Desktop eForm is a piece of crap, but we have not found a replacement (scriptable paper form application with smarts). It should deal the with the CR's, but it does not.

Steve


_______________________________________________
Active4D-dev mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://mailman.aparajitaworld.com/mailman/listinfo/active4d-dev
Archives: http://mailman.aparajitaworld.com/archive/active4d-dev/

Reply via email to