Maybe this is a problem with kded's networkstatus module not working with
connman. Most KDE programs treats Solid::Networking::status() ==
Solid::Networking::Unknown as Solid::Networking::Connected (online), which is
what happens with connman. But if the system is really offline then the program
must recover by itself since there will be no statusChanged(Connected) signal.
By what I could see in the rss dataengine it only fetches data if the
statusChanged(Connected or Unknown) signal is received or when data source is
requested.

If we compile kde-runtime against QtNtrack then networkstatus should work with
any network management software. But NTrack has a history of causing problems in
kded (Ntrack 0.14 causes 100% CPU problems, Ntrack 0.16 force networkstatus to
offline mode). Well, Ntrack 0.15 is also not perfect but seems to work.
networkstatus includes a backend for NetworkManager and Wicd, so if we change to
NM if will not need Ntrack.

Wait, why should we start implementing workarounds for conman? I thought the plan was to use networkmanager in the long run? We have found that conman sucks with Plasma Active, and it will always do so. So I don't think we should invest any more time in it.