On 02.10.2012 15:13, Marco Martin wrote:
On Tuesday 02 October 2012, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
hi...

some suggested minor edits for the taglines at the top of the PA3 website,
mostly little grammar improvements:

move.</div>
activities.</div>
too.</div>

Some more nitpicking: addons -> Add-Ons (or whatever we'll settle on). Lowercase "addons" just looks too generic to me.

browser.</div>
reader.</div>

note that i switched the order of Activities to the top. this lets us talk
about Activities first later on, which is the foundational concept here.

updated the text/order on the website

i'm on the fence with "Power to the users with our semantic file browser."
since it uses the technical and unfamiliar term "semantic" and it doesn't
particularly say anything about the benefit of it ("Power to the user" is
kind of a generic "rah-rah" slogan :). sth that talks directly to the
benefit might be more effective, such as "All files are at your fingertips
with the semantic file browser." it still uses the word "semantic", but it
now hints as to the benefit a bit more?

what about just a "more powerful document management" ?

It's files in general, not only documents (semantic browsing is just as useful for photos or music as it is for documents). I'd still like to have a more specific adjective than just "powerful", but I haven't found a good one yet :(

if this is to be the elevator pitch, i really think we need an entry there
for Kontact Touch. email/calendaring is a BIG deal for us. it's a feature
set most devices don't do well or even at all.
i'll do full sized screenshots today (ivan, could you make the fake device
thing for those as well?)

Creating a screenshot which makes Kontact Touch look cool on a tablet screen isn't exactly an easy task. It still shows that it wasn't originally designed for tablets....

are we going to have a page somewhere about each of these items? i think it
would be a good idea to do so, and i'd be willing to crank out the text for
at least one per day so we can describe the full benefits more.

if there is text yeah (i can help, but need more basic grammar check ;)

maybe just a bigger screenshot with a couple of paragraphs below?

the text below "What is Plasma Active" should then reflect these main
points above in the list of things we're talking about it (the list that
currently starts with activities). that means the same nouns in the same
order as they appear in the slideshow.

yeah, the text comes still from the pa2 release, may use some update