On 05.09.2013 06:14, Carl Symons wrote:

There is a bit of confusing information about the basysKom download center.
The latest iso there is from September 1, and some of the links are broke.

Would be good to have some sort of checksum on plasma-active-4-i586.iso as the
instructions suggest using such. If a checksum is created, this information
needs to be added to the wikipage along with the download location.

Ah yes, a checksum would be important to have. People should be able to verify that their download went correctly, since even a slight incorrectness in an image can cause problems later on which cannot be traced back to an incorrect download.
An sha1 checksum should do fine.

* Are all articles/all other things ready to go?

The Dot story is ready...
http://dot.kde.org/2013/09/05/plasma-active-4-ready-when-you-are

Should be reviewed for accuracy of information and any
writing/grammar/spelling screwups

I'll write my feedback in a new thread to avoid bloating this one.

I started writing Tips on the wiki. After a short while, I realized that there
is way too much to do a decent job on a beginning manual. Besides the people
who have installed PA have done pretty well with no manual and an occasional
helping hand.

So it's pretty sparse. Anyone is welcome to add, change and so forth.

Oh actually there already is a "Beginner's FAQ" with quite some useful information here:
http://community.kde.org/Plasma/Active/Info/FAQ
Could you please add your stuff to that page? We could then link to it.
In earlier releases we had a bookmark to the FAQ in the Welcome Activity, but that seems to have got lost at some point, so we need to link to it from the pages people are most likely to visit when they install PA.

We have quite a few features which nobody will ever have any chance of finding by themselves (e.g. how to create or delete a tag, how to remove a file from an Activity, ...), not even tech-savvy people. For those things, we absolutely need the FAQ.

I think that we're intending this release to be used by people who aren't the
beginning manual kind of folks.

Not a manual (actually nobody but my dad want to read a manual), but short answers to the most frequent questions are a must.