Hello nme,

quite easy - create a new host with the name "test.1" in your domains zone
and it'll be created under the same folder.

Those folders you see underneath the zone (and Zones are all on the top
level, right after "Forward Lookup Zones" and "Reverse Lookup Zones") do not
really exist, in DNS only the records exist within a zone and the
dns-managementconsole makes those folders up to navigate easily. The
"folders" are displayed with every segment distinguished by a "."
(dot/point).

So for example there's a record

_ldap._tcp.Default-First-Site-Name._sites.example.com IN SRV yadda-yadda

Which is displayed in dnsmgmt.msc underneath

Example.com

+- _sites

| |

| +- Default-First-Site-Name

| | |

| | +- _tcp

However, if you look in the Active Directory Container which holds the zone
(or in the file if DNS is not AD-integrated) you will neither see
subcontainers or objects with the names _tcp... or
Default-First-Site-Name... or _sites... - they are just made up because
there's a single (or multiple records) which have those names between dots.

So in your case - if the record was created manually, you might just
recreate it without a .1 at the end (test this and verify the printers
name), if it was registered automatically you need to change the name of the
printer.

Gruesse - Sincerely,

Ulf B. Simon-Weidner

  Profile & Publications: