Associate Expert

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Rittenhouse, Cindy
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2003 3:27 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Anonymous Logon

I would not have been surprised to see this on a web server, but the domain
controllers being audited do not have either www or ftp services running. I
was not prepared for the voluminous amount of system and anonymous entries
in the log. I've increased the log size to 5MB on each DC and have them
scheduled to backup to a remote server every day at 23:55. I'm looking into
purchasing a syslog server, it seems the only viable way to manage this
mess.